Are you among them who desire to have whiter and brighter teeth? Well, it’s no more a surprise that everyone wants a whiter and more attractive smile, and why not? A beautiful smile provides you with confidence and creates a great first impression.
As a result, you must be very careful about your oral condition and avoid the primary reasons that might give rise to yellowed teeth. Here are a few factors that you must know!
Reasons that might trigger yellowing teeth
Extrinsicstaining:When most individuals consider tooth discoloration, they likely consider extrinsic discoloration or the discoloration of the outer layer of dental enamel.
Several factors might give rise to extrinsic stainings, like consuming dark drinks or food items such as red wine, colas, coffee, tea, berries, or spaghetti sauce.
Nevertheless, you may prevent extrinsic tooth stains by consistently practicing appropriate oral hygiene, such as brushing your teeth twice daily, flossing once daily, and seeing your dentist every six months.
- Intrinsicstaining: Intrinsic stains develop more profoundly into the tooth structure. There are several potential reasons for this condition, including minor dental fractures or cracks in the enamel, the use of tetracycline medicines, bleeding inside the tooth, a pulp infection, or using an excessive amount of Flouride toothpaste.
Genetics and aging might also give rise to Intrinsic staining, so professional teeth whitening isn’t enough to resolve this condition. You might need to undergo specific dental treatments, like veneers, to remove such stains.
Treatment options for dental staining
Teeth Whitening –The teeth whitening treatment involves bleaching the stained tooth enamel to give you whiter-looking teeth.
- Dental Bonding- The dental bonding procedure involves applying a layer of tooth-colored resin directly onto the teeth to conceal the faults such as stains and chips.
- Veneers– Veneers are thin shells of porcelain bonded to the front surfaces of the teeth to conceal flaws.
- Dental crowns- Crowns are the best option for Intrinsic stains as they can conceal the discoloration and safeguard the tooth from further damage.
- Maintain oral hygiene- To maintain whiter-looking beautiful teeth, you must bring a few lifestyle changes like quittingsmokin In addition, you must never miss to brush and floss your teeth regularly.
Did you know the smart way to brush your teeth?
One of the crucial factors in keeping your teeth clean is brushing and choosing the right toothbrush. Several brands are available in the market, but the Oclean sonic electric toothbrush can significantly improve oral health.
The Oclean Smart Toothbrush is built with intelligent technology to ensure you have adequately brushed for two minutes. With Oclean, you will not only develop a fixed oral regime but can also keep your teeth whiter and healthier. What are you waiting for? Give it a try today!
*Cover image from Freepik@diluck, we will delete it if constitutes infringement *