How to Get Rid of Halitosis Permanently?
Bad smell, or Halitosis, may be caused due to inadequate dental hygiene, although this is not always the case. It may occur due to various medical ailments, such as dry mouth, heartburn, or even an illness in another body part. Now Halitosis might not cause any physical issues, but it can give rise to social embarrassment, anxiety, and depression.
According to a report published online, China contributes to 27.5% of the global prevalence of Halitosis. However, most people are not even aware of the condition they have been enduring.
Here's a simple way to check yourself: cover your mouth and nose with both hands and breathe into your palm as hard as you would in winter to keep warm and smell if there is an odor.
Causes of Halitosis
Masking foul breath offers temporary relief, but that is not a lasting solution. Understanding the cause of your Halitosis is the first step in eliminating bad breath permanently. In most cases, poor oral hygiene is the leading cause of foul breath.
Approximately 85 percent of poor breath occurs due to the absence of a thorough brushing and flossing practice to eliminate bacterial accumulation that feeds on the food particles left on the teeth. These bacterias produce foul-smelling excrement, which adheres to your teeth.
Nevertheless, several other factors might trigger Halitosis, including dry mouth, GERD, Gum diseases, Diabetes, Liver or Kidney diseases, and several other factors.
How to treat Halitosis?
The most accurate treatment for Halitosis relies on the underlying cause of the problem. For instance, if foul breath results from poor oral hygiene, dental cleaning and maintaining better oral hygiene at home are considered adequate.
However, if you are dealing with Halitosis due to some other disorders, only your primary care physician may assist you with the correct diagnosis and treatment.
Tips to prevent Halitosis
- To maintain proper dental hygiene, brush your teeth twice dailIn addition, don't forget to clean your tongue using your toothbrush or a tongue scraper. Here are some suggestions on how to correctly wash your teeth. Use an electric toothbrush with soft bristles.
If you want inspiration to develop an excellent brushing habit, go with a good Smart Toothbrush that can significantly improve cleaning efficiency. The Oclean Sonic Electric Toothbrush is a perfect choice to remove plaque, which can help you improve your oral health effectively.
- Use an antimicrobial mouthwash without alcohol after flossing your teeth. Flossing once a day will allow you to clean up food debris before it starts to smell.However, if you hate traditional flossing techniques, here's some good news!
Oclean W10 Water Flosser can help you clean better between your teeth and prevent bacteria from causing odors. This flosser can help you clean deeper by spraying water forcibly.
- Drink a lot of water to avoid a dry mouth.
- Avoid alcohol, coffee, and cigarettes, as that may dry out your mouth.
- Never miss your routine check-ups and cleaning sessions with your dentist. If required, you must go for scaling and deep cleaning calculus to remove bacterial accumulation from the periodontal pockets.
Are you now ready to bid farewell to Halitosis permanently with Oclean?
*Cover image from Freepik@cookie_studio, we will delete it if constitutes infringement *